Head of Back-end Development
Our mission is to develop the best possible solution for managing Ceph based Software Defined Storage. We believe that this is an interesting, exciting and varied playground and we are looking for personalities to join our team that like to bring people, organizations and technology together.
#About the Role
The team currently consists of 4 developers, with a plan of expanding it to 10-12 across multiple products. We are looking for a team leader and member of our extended leadership team who is passionate about creating and evolving a highly motivating environment in line with our modern and agile culture for our team of smart software developers.
- Grow and support a world-class team of developers who feel autonomous, productive, and fulfilled. You will be responsible for setting them up for success while coaching and providing guidance along the way.
- Expand and reorganize the team and its processes as context changes. You will ensure that tooling and workflows are appropriate.
- Help plan each work cycle internally by improving our scrum process, reviewing priorities, availability, and optimal matching of people to projects. You will periodically share updates, so that everyone is aware of what's going on behind the scenes.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other functions (like infrastructure, support, product management) to build the best product and experience for our customers.
For us, it is not that important how and where you got your knowledge. It is more important for us where you stand today and that you want to go further! Be open, have the wish to learn, and bring in new things!
You bring, besides a solid leadership experience and an open and communicative style, experience in the IT industry, preferably storage, linux, and networks. As a passionate leader, you know how to build and support a high performing team. You coach and support your teammates in their personal development to achieve the best results for our customers.
- You have a track record of working and successfully leading in an agile environment. The values, principles and practices of agile methods should be your foundation of how you want to work in an organization today.
- You also know your way around in Java/Kotlin, bash, linux, networks, storage, databases, testing, containers, virtualization and a lot more technologies.
- Optionally, you have some experience with Ceph.
- You take pride in your code and automated testing is not an alien concept.
- Experience in building and leading resilient teams that produce long-lasting software.
- You are a teamplayer with strong own opinion.
- Fluent spoken/written communication in English.
#What we offer
We offer a young and fast-growing company with a good culture based on collaboration and mutual support and plenty of room for personal development. We certainly take care about onboarding and continuous learning to get you comfortable with our technology.
- Amazing team
- Exiting technological environment
- Flexible working hours
- Flat hierarchies
- Test environments to play around with
- Conference visits as participant or speaker
- Room for own ideas
- Attractive compensation