You can access your CephFS block storage via SMB, by creating SMB gateways. Unlike NFS, SMB gateways will handle failover automatically.
First create the SMB services:
- Navigate to http://[hostname|ip-address]:8080/services
- Press + SMB in the action bar at the bottom of your window
- Add virtual IPs
- Select servers and their interfaces in order to create SMB Gateways
Once the services are created, you will be redirected to the SMB view.
Now to access the created SMB gateways, you need to create a Share:
- Press + Add share
- Enter the CephFS filesystem path
- Specify the access rights